« Back to Policy Directory
Southern Ute Community Action Programs (SUCAP)
Section 4 – Door Operation
- Vehicles are not to be moved with the door open.
- During heat, cold or inclement weather, keep the doors closed whenever possible. Close the doors immediately after discharging passengers. This conserves air conditioning (or heat) in the vehicle.
- Drivers may only leave the engine running while escorting a passenger on/off the vehicle if:
- The temperature is above 85 degrees and the air conditioner is on; and,
- The driver will not be escorting the client INTO a location.
- When loading a wheelchair onto or off of the vehicle, close the lift door as soon as possible, without putting the client at risk.