WHO SHOULD APPLY
The program is designed for transit professionals who desire to deepen their understanding of the skills and experience needed to build and enhance their professional leadership skills. Employees of transit agencies are eligible and do not need to be a member of CASTA to participate.
$2,000 per Fellow
Tuition covers coach and trainer fees, registration costs to attend the CASTA Spring Conference and Fall Conference & EXPO, including food and beverage for 2 receptions and in-person training during the conferences, and other program administration costs. All travel, some meals*, lodging and incidental expenses will be the responsibility of the participant or the participant’s employer.
RTAP Scholarship funding is available to cover some of the costs for eligible participants. The scholarship application can be found here.
2023 Application Timeline:
- Jan. 26th – Fellow Application Opens
- March 3rd – Application Closes
- March 17th – Acceptance Notification Sent
How to Apply:
Applicants will be asked to fill out an application that will include:
– Letter of Interest
– Current Resume
– Supervisor Endorsement [Click Download Form -> Select File -> Click download -> Select Microsoft Word (.docx )]
All application materials for each applicant must be submitted through the online application form to participate as a Fellow in the 2023 LEAD Academy.
If you are selected, please ensure you can fulfill the program’s requirements and that you have the full support of your Direct Supervisor.
*We strongly encourage all applicants to have all the necessary documents (Letter of Interest, Resume, and Supervisor Endorsement Form) ready to upload before starting the application process. You are not able to save your work in the application and come back to it at a later time.
The application form closed on March 3rd, 2023. If you have any questions please reach out to Joseph Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAD Academy Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the in-person sessions held?
- The first in-person session will held at the Spring Conference in Pueblo. The final session and graduation will be held at the Fall Conference in Crested Butte.
What happens if we miss a Zoom meeting or cannot attend at the time designated?
- Fellows are expected to commit to attending all sessions to get the full benefit of the program. However, we understand that work and life may get in the way. If a Fellow must miss a session, they should let Donna and Joey know as soon as possible.
What times are the Zoom sessions?
- Zoom session times will be scheduled as group, ensuring that all Fellows are able to attend.
How long are the Zoom sessions?
- Each Zoom session will last two (2) hours.
2023 LEAD Academy Interest Meeting