WHO SHOULD APPLY
The program is designed for Transit Professionals who desire to deepen their understanding of the skills and experience needed to build and enhance their professional leadership skills. Employees of transit agencies are eligible and do not need to be a member of CASTA to participate.
$1500 per Fellow
RTAP Scholarship funding is available to cover costs for eligible participants. The scholarship application can be found here.
- November 1 – Fellow Application Opens
- November 15 – Application Closes
- November 16–24 – CASTA evaluates applications
- November 30 – Acceptance Notification Sent
- December 7 – Fellow and Supervisor Orientation Meeting via Zoom
How to Apply:
Applicants will be asked to fill out an application which will include:
– Letter of Interest
– Current Resume
– Supervisor Endorsement (Download Form)
We have extended the deadline to apply! All application materials for each applicant must be submitted through the online application form by 11:59 p.m., November, 19th, 2021 to participate as a Fellow in the 2022 LEAD Academy.
If you are selected, please ensure you can fulfill the program’s requirements and that you have the full support of your Direct Supervisor.
*We strongly encourage all applicants to have all the necessary documents (Letter of Interest, Resume & Supervisor Endorsement Form) ready to upload before starting the application process. You are not able to save your work in the application and come back to it at a later time.
LEAD Academy Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the in-person sessions held?
- The first in-person session will held at the CASTA office in Denver. The final session and graduation will be held at the Spring Conference in Colorado Springs.
What happens if we miss a zoom meeting or can’t attend at the time designated?
- Fellows are expected to commit to attending all sessions to get the full benefit of the program. However, we understand that work and life may get in the way. If a fellow must miss a session, they should let the Donna and Joey know as soon as they can.
What times are the zoom sessions?
- Zoom session times will be scheduled as group, ensuring that all Fellows are able to attend.
How long are the Zoom Sessions?
- Each zoom session will last two (2) hours.