« Back to Policy Directory
Steamboat Springs Transit
|A collision is any occurrence that involves contact with another vehicle, object (fixed or moving), person or animal.
- If you are involved in a collision STOP and secure the bus or other city vehicle, notify a Supervisor and then follow the instructions in the collision packet found in each vehicle.
- Call police only if you are unable to reach the Supervisor or if you are instructed to do so.
- All collisions, no matter how minor, MUST BE REPORTED. Failure to do so could result in suspension of your license and termination of employment.
- Remain calm and relay that to all of your passengers.
- If there has been an injury, request aid from the Supervisor or the Police.
- Move the vehicle only if told to by the police or the Supervisor on duty. If passengers and vehicle are in greater danger if left where the collision occurred, notify the Supervisor immediately for permission to move.
- Get all pertinent information before anyone leaves the scene.
A. Make of other vehicle involved.
B. License number of other vehicle.
C. Owner’s name.
D. Insurance company.
E. Number of passengers.
F. Names and addresses of at least 3 witnesses.
- Note the exact location of the collision, including the direction of travel, road conditions, traffic signals or signs involved, and establish the points of impact.
- Do not make any statement about the collision to anyone except the Supervisor and the Police unless instructed to do so by the Supervisor.
- Hand out courtesy cards as soon as it is safe and proper to do so. Make sure to get the completed cards back.
- Fill out Collision/Incident Report before signing out at the end of your shift and leave it with the Supervisor on duty.
- Management will pull and review the video.