« Back to Policy Directory
Steamboat Springs Transit
- The buses assigned each day will remain on the assigned coach runs unless mechanical problems arise, servicing is necessary, or passenger requirements necessitate a different bus.
- A Supervisor, Lead Driver or a Transit Mechanic are the only ones who can change bus assignments.
- Due diligence is required to ensure that we rotate through the entire fleet and use each bus.
- The Supervisor is responsible for notifying all operators who will be affected by any bus change.
- In the event of a defect that prevents the safe operation of the bus, the operator will radio the Transit Office immediately.
- In the event of an emergency and no Supervisor is available to assign buses, the head mechanic, mechanic, lead driver or the senior driver on duty may do so.