Cripple Creek Transit
2.08 Driver Requirements and Training
Drivers are the face of the transit operations and have ultimate responsibility for passenger safety. It is the policy of the City of Cripple Creek to hire qualified individuals to conduct all transit operations.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license, CDL-P1 preferred, but not required, and be covered under a substance abuse policy.
- Qualifications shall include a good driving record (accompanying the application) and Criminal Background Check.
- Formal education qualifications shall not be made a requirement if the driver has the ability to perform the duties of the position
- All drivers shall receive the Transit Operations Manual and the Substance Abuse Manual upon hire.
- Immediately following confirmation of clear driving record, clean CBI and pre-employment drug test, the driver will receive training through City of Cripple Creek Transit staff on all reports, forms, and procedures required by the system.
- Drivers are required to attend all driver meetings and training sessions, including but not limited to:
- Defensive Driving Techniques;
- Passenger Assistance Techniques;
- Wheelchair Certification; and
- Customer Service Procedures.
- Drivers are monitored and evaluated on driving ability and safety procedures. Including use of all equipment, and wheelchair certified.