Cripple Creek Transit
2.07 Driver Conduct
Drivers represent the City of Cripple Creek to the general public and must, therefore, conduct themselves in such a manner as to create respect for themselves, and the organization.
- All drivers are expected to be courteous and to treat passengers and fellow employees with respect.
- A pleasant, polite, and informative attitude will allow for effective communications between employees and passengers.
- Words and/or acts of hostility to any passenger or other employee represent unacceptable behavior.
- Conversation shall not interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Excessive boisterous actions, horseplay, or profane language is not professional behavior and should not be exhibited while on duty or in uniform.