« Back to Policy Directory
Steamboat Springs Transit
Uniform and Dress Code
|Uniforms and Dress Code
Section 7.15 of the city employee handbook states the following:
City employees are expected to exercise due care in the maintenance of all uniform items. Uniforms shall be neat and clean when reporting to work. Although it is understandable that employees in certain departments will be unable to keep the uniform clean while working, they should still strive to remain as neat in appearance as possible (shirt tucked in, etc.). When uniform items become unserviceable or unsightly, employees shall report such fact to his/her supervisor to initiate replacement.
Employees issued a uniform shall wear the uniform at all times while on duty. If a cap or hat is provided by the City, the employee shall wear the cap or hat provided and shall refrain from wearing a personal cap or hat.
- At all times SST staff must wear SST Logoed apparel as their outer layer, and ensure that their name tag is visible to the passengers. Nametags must be worn at all times on the outer layer of clothing. Lost nametags must be reported immediately.
- Wearing a hat is optional, but it will be provided by SST. Any style of hat that interferes with peripheral vision will not be allowed.
- Management reserves the right to determine what appropriate attire is.
- Shorts and skirts may be worn in the summer months. They should be of a length appropriate for a work atmosphere, (i.e. no mini-skirts, cut-offs, or short shorts.)
- No sweatpants or extraordinarily revealing clothing is allowed. No “tights” without appropriate outer-wear.
- Footwear cannot interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle. It needs to have adequate tread to keep good traction on the service brake and throttle pedals. Footwear needs to provide adequate protection to prevent personal injuries. Sandals need to have a heal strap as well as closed toes to provide adequate protection and can only be worn in the summer season.
- Sunglasses must not interfere with the driver’s vision or be distracting. Ski goggles are not appropriate while driving.
- Heavy duty Uniform coats are provided by Steamboat Springs Transit. SST retains ownership of uniform coats. The uniform coat must be returned in good condition upon separation from employment.
- Light weight jackets will be provided for drivers. They will become the property of the driver at the completion of a successful season. This jacket is to be worn over any non-uniform shirt at all times when in contact with the public.
- Uniform clothing is to be kept clean at all times. Any alterations of the uniform are not allowed.
- PA Microphones, extension cords, and supervisor 2-way radios are issued as part of the uniform. Employees must bring them to work each day.
- PA Mics or 2-way radios that are broken will be replaced. If they are lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear the employee may be asked to buy the replacement.
- Each individual must sign an inventory sheet and use agreement before the uniform is issued. All articles must be returned before collecting final pay.
Steamboat Springs Transit Item (C) Date: 9/13/2018