« Back to Policy Directory
Southern Ute Community Action Programs (SUCAP)
Section 4 – Lost Articles
- Caring for and returning lost articles is an important part of our service to passengers. Operators need to walk through the vehicle at the end of a run and upon returning to the garage to look for lost articles.
- Articles found on vehicles, SUCAP property, or the street must be turned in at the end of your run. Call dispatch if you have found an item and give a brief description so they will be more helpful to clients calling about a loss.
- If the owner claims the article before you have had time to turn it in, require the owner to describe the lost article.
- Articles found by passengers should be turned over to the operator. It is wise to examine the contents of purses or containers in the finder’s presence.
- If a passenger refuses to give up a found article, get the name and address of the passenger, if possible, and turn it in with an Incident Report. If an item appears highly valuable, call for assistance.