« Back to Policy Directory
Cripple Creek Transit
Section 3.01 Animals
- Animals may not be brought on board Cripple Creek Transit vehicles except in the following cases:
- Pets in a box or kennel that can be safely secured without obstructing the aisle or exits and that do not inconvenience or injure other passengers.
- Service animals (need not be in a carry-on box or kennel)
- A service animal is an animal that has been individually trained to assist an individual with a disability
- There is no national standard for certifying service animals
- A driver may not require or ask a person with a disability for certification or identification for service animals
- A driver may only inquire as to what purpose the service animal serves.
- Any animal may be transported when any city evacuation is declared providing it does not create threat or disturbance. Each animal will be determined if it can be transported on a case by case.