Cripple Creek Transit
Section 2.27 Worn, Frayed or Damaged Restraints
Occasionally, wheelchair restraints will become worn, frayed or damaged, creating potential safety issues for our passengers and drivers.
- The City of Cripple Creek Maintenance Department will inspect passenger restraints in all vehicles at least once a month for operational safety.
- Drivers must exercise due diligence to safeguard restraints from damage (i.e., do not leave restraints on the floor of a vehicle where they may be stepped on or run over by a wheelchair).
- Drivers should report any worn, frayed, missing or damaged restraints immediately to the City of Cripple Creek transit manager.
- Restraints which are worn, frayed, or damaged will be tested for operational integrity.
- Any restraint that does not operate at 100% capacity or is at risk of endangering passenger safety and must be completely replaced.