« Back to Policy Directory
Gunnison Valley RTA Public Transportation
RTA Policy on Articles, Packages, Baggage, and Hockey Bags
- Articles, baggage or packages are not permitted on buses if they are dangerous, offensive to other passengers or restrict free movement of passengers. Articles permitted on the bus must not interfere with the vehicle’s operation or with any other passenger. Baby strollers and grocery carts must be folded or positioned so they do not block the aisles of the bus.
- Skate boards must be adequately secured to be allowed on buses.
- Bicycles are not allowed inside any RTA vehicle.
- No firearms, weapons, gasoline, or fireworks of any type are allowed.
- Skis, snowboards and poles are not allowed in overhead bins. These items must be held in front of the passenger while riding bus.
- Only carry-on luggage is permitted on bus and must be stored in overhead bins or in the passenger’s lap.
- Hockey equipment bags will be allowed on the RTA buses during the spring and fall service schedules – before and after the ski season as long as bus seats are available and no passengers will be refused service due to the bag taking an extra seat.
- During the winter service schedule, hockey equipment bags will be allowed on the northbound buses after noon and the southbound buses after 7 p.m. as long as bus seats are available and no passengers will be refused service due to the bag taking an extra seat.
- Hockey equipment bags must not block the aisle.
- Due to their size, goalie bags are not allowed on RTA buses.