« Back to Policy Directory
Steamboat Springs Transit
Cell Phone Use
- Cell phone use is prohibited while driving any city vehicle (texting as well as talking).
- If a driver must use a cell phone for transit related business, or for emergency use the driver must get out of the driver’s seat.
- Supervisors that must use a cell phone for transit related business while in a city vehicle may only do so after the vehicle has come to a complete stop in a safe location. The supervisor needs to make every effort to get out of the driver’s seat before using the cell phone. Under no circumstances is a supervisor allowed to use a cell phone while the vehicle is in motion.
- See the PARM for the cities policy on using a cell phone while operating a city vehicle.
- Colorado state law prohibits texting while driving in all vehicles.
|City Policy, State Law