The National Safety Council has changed the requirements for the Defensive Driving Trainer course beginning in 2019. Moving forward, there will no longer be in-person Defensive Driving Trainer training workshops. All Defensive Driving Trainer candidates will now be required to complete the online Defensive Driving Trainer online modules through the National Safety Council.***
The cost of the Defensive Driving Trainer online modules through the National Safety Council is $1600 per candidate for members. Because CASTA is a member of the National Safety Council, CASTA agency members are able to take advantage of this training.
To become a Defensive Driving Trainer Candidate please:
- Fill out the Defensive Driving Trainer Candidate Program application.
- CASTA staff will confirm with the trainee’s supervisor, explaining the price of $1600.
- Once verified, an invoice will be sent to the agency for payment.
- When payment is received, CASTA staff will register the trainee with the National Safety Council to complete the online modules.
- An email and course manual will be sent to the trainee from the National Safety Council upon completion of your registration.
- Trainee will then Complete the Online Course.
Once the trainee has completed the course, NSC will send a Defensive Driving Certified Trainer Card with the Trainer’s ID number. Please send CASTA a copy of your Trainer Card to complete the process.
Defensive Driving Certification Transition to 10th Ed
The National Safety Council is requiring all currently certified DDC Trainers complete a transition training to be certified to train the 10th Edition of the DDC 8/6 course.
If you need to look up you certification information, please use their look up webpage: https://www.nsc.org/instructor-lookup. They will no longer send Trainer Cards.
Defensive Driving Driver 8/6 Course
***The new DDC 10th Edition 8/6 manuals and certificates have gone up in price for 2019 from $3.90 to $6.59 each. If you need help coordinating or acquiring training materials for a Defensive Driving Driver course, please visit the Request Training Materials page or email email@example.com
NSC also provide an online option. Visit https://www.nsc.org/safety-training/defensive-driving/courses/online for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Joseph Parks | firstname.lastname@example.org