« Back to Policy Directory
Southern Ute Community Action Programs (SUCAP)
Section 4 – Traffic Signals-Observance of
- Do not enter an intersection unless you know you can get the vehicle completely across. You must not proceed into the intersection if your vehicle will block the cross street when the signals change.
- Operators must avoid “running” a yellow or red light. Proceed through signal only on “Go” or a green light or arrow.
- After stopping vehicles may turn right on a red signal unless otherwise restricted and the lane is clear to enter.
- Be governed by signals of police officers directing traffic at any point, and strictly observe “STOP SIGNS” operated by traffic patrol at school crossing.
- An operator has no authority to signal auto drivers or pedestrians to cross in front of his vehicle and should not assume this responsibility. This can create liability on your part.
- Watch for red pedestrian signal to warn you of the immanent change of the traffic signal to red.