It is the policy of the City of Cripple Creek to maintain safe and reliable vehicles through comprehensive maintenance and Preventive Maintenance (PM) programs. Items affecting vehicle condition include safety issues, mechanical items, and hazardous materials left on vehicles.
- The driver must notify City of Cripple Creek management of any item or condition concerning a vehicle that may jeopardize the completion of any trip or the safety of any passenger or driver.
- The driver shall complete a daily inspection checklist at the beginning and end of every shift (FTA required pre and post trip inspections).
- This daily inspection checklist must be turned on a daily basis.
- Bodily fluid spills require that the vehicle be removed from service and attended to immediately.
- Mechanic safety issues require that the vehicle be removed from service and attended to immediately.