« Back to Policy Directory
Gunnison Valley RTA Public Transportation
Gunnison Valley Transportation Authority (RTA) Procurement Policies and Standards – Written Protest Procedures (General)
- The procedures established hereunder shall be available to contractors for the purpose of handling and resolving disputes relating to procurements hereunder. A protestor must exhaust all administrative remedies hereunder before pursuing a protest in any court of law. Where applicable, any information received under such procedures shall be disclosed to the Federal Transit Administration (“FTA”) and a protestor must exhaust all administrative remedies before pursuing a protest with
- The term “contractor” means any person, firm, or corporation, which has contracted or seeks to contract with the Gunnison Valley RTA.
- The term “hearing officer” shall mean a person, appointed by the Board of Directors of the RTA, to hear and decide allegations made by any contractor relating to procurements hereunder.
- A “pre-bid or solicitation phase protest” is a written protest received prior to the bid opening or proposal due date.
- A “pre-award protest” is a protest against making an award and is received after receipt of proposals or bids, but before award of a contract.
- A “post-award protest” is a protest received after award of a contract.
- A “performance protest” is a protest received during or after the execution of a