Gunnison Valley RTA Public Transportation
Gunnison Valley Transportation Authority (RTA) Procurement Policies and Standards/Costing & Pricing – Bonding Requirements
For those construction or facility improvement contracts or subcontracts exceeding $100,000, FTA may accept the bonding policy and requirements of the grantee, provided FTA determined that the policy and requirements adequately protect the Federal interest. FTA has determined that grantee policies and requirements that meet the following minimum criteria adequately protect the Federal interest. Please refer to the FTA Bonding Requirements paragraph 11, as cited below.
- A bid guarantee from each bidder equivalent to five (5) percent of the bid price. The “bid guarantee” shall consist of a firm commitment such as a bid bond, certified check, or other negotiable instrument accompanying a bid as assurance that the bidder will, upon acceptance of his bid, execute such contractual documents as may be required within the time specified;
- A performance bond on the part of the contractor for 100 percent of the contract price. A “performance bond” is one executed in connection with a contract to secure fulfillment of all the contractor’s obligations under such contract; and
- A payment bond on the part of the contractor. A payment bond is one executed in connection with a contract to assure payment, as required by law, of all persons supplying labor and material in the execution of the work provided for in the contract. Payment bond amounts determined to adequately protect the federal interest are as follows:
- Fifty percent of the contract price if the contract price is not more than $1 million;
- Forty percent of the contract price if the contract price is more than $1 million but not more than $5 million; or
- Two and a half million dollars if the contract price is more than $5 million.
- A Grantee may seek FTA approval of its bonding policy and requirements if they do not comply with these criteria.