Chapter 4: FTA/CDOT Regulatory Policies – Section 4.01 Public Notice of Rights/Complaints Policies
CRIPPLE CREEK Transit’s Complaint and Investigation Procedures
These procedures cover all complaints filed under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, for alleged discrimination in any program or activity administered by the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT.
These procedures do not deny the right of the complainant to file formal complaints with other State or Federal agencies or to seek private counsel for complaints alleging discrimination. Every effort will be made to obtain early resolution of complaints at the lowest level possible. The option of informal mediation meeting(s) between the affected parties and the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT may be utilized for resolution. Any individual, group of individuals or entity that believes they have been subjected to discrimination prohibited under Title VI and related statutes may file a complaint.
The following measures will be taken to resolve Title VI complaints:
1) A formal complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged occurrence. Complaints shall be in writing and signed by the individual or his/her representative, and will include the complainant’s name, address and telephone number; name of alleged discriminating official, basis of complaint (race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age), and the date of alleged act(s). A statement detailing the facts and circumstances of the alleged discrimination must accompany all complaints.
The CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT strongly encourages the use of the attached CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT Title VI Complaint Form when filing official complaints.
The preferred method is to file your complaint in writing using the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT Title VI Complaint Form, and sending it to:
Title VI Coordinator
CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT
PO Box 430
Cripple Creek, CO 80222
2) In the case where a complainant is unable or incapable of providing a written statement, a verbal complaint of discrimination may be made to the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT Title VI Coordinator. Under these circumstances, the complainant will be interviewed, and the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT Title VI Coordinator will assist the Complainant in converting the verbal allegations to writing.
3) When a complaint is received, the Title VI Coordinator will provide written acknowledgment to the Complainant, within ten (10) calendar days by registered mail.
4) If a complaint is deemed incomplete, additional information will be requested, and the Complainant will be provided 60 calendar days to submit the required information. Failure to do so may be considered good cause for a determination of no investigative merit.
5) Within 15 calendar days from receipt of a complete complaint, the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT will determine its jurisdiction in pursuing the matter and whether the complaint has sufficient merit to warrant investigation. Within five (5) calendar days of this decision, the Transportation Director or his/her authorized designee will notify the Complainant and Respondent, by registered mail, informing them of the disposition.
- If the decision is not to investigate the complaint, the notification shall Specifically state the reason for the decision.
- If the complaint is to be investigated, the notification shall state the grounds of the CRIPPLE CREEK Transit’s jurisdiction, while informing the parties that their full cooperation will be required in gathering additional information and assisting the investigator.
6) When the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT does not have sufficient jurisdiction, the Transportation Director or his/her authorized designee will refer the complaint to the appropriate State or Federal agency holding such jurisdiction.
7) If the complaint has investigative merit, the Transportation Director or his/her authorized designee will instruct the Title VI Coordinator to fully investigate the complaint. A complete investigation will be conducted, and an investigative report will be submitted to the Transportation Director within 60 calendar days from receipt of the complaint. The report will include a narrative description of the incident, summaries of all persons interviewed, and a finding with recommendations and conciliatory measures where appropriate. If the investigation is delayed for any reason, the Title VI Coordinator will notify the appropriate authorities, and an extension will be requested.
8) The Transportation Director or his/her authorized designee will issue letters of finding to the Complainant and Respondent within 90 calendar days from receipt of the complaint.
9) If the Complainant is dissatisfied with the CRIPPLE CREEK Transit’s resolution of the complaint, he/she has the right to file a complaint with the:
Federal Transit Administration
Attn: Civil Rights Officer
12300 West Dakota Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228
FTA Complaint procedures can also be found on the FTA web site at: www.fta.dot.gov. These procedures are also outlined in FTA Circular 4702.1A, Chapter IX.
Title VI Complaint Form
Instructions: If you would like to submit a Title VI complaint to the CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT, please fill out the form below and send it to: CRIPPLE CREEK TRANSIT , Attn: Title VI Coordinator, 337 E. Bennett Ave, Cripple Creek, 80222. For questions or a full copy of CRIPPLE CREEK Transit’s Title VI policy and complaint procedures call 719-689-2502 mailto:
|1. Name (Complainant):|
|2. Phone:||3. Home address (street no., city, state, zip):|
|4. If applicable, name of person(s) who allegedly discriminated against you:|
|5. Location and position of person(s) if known:||6. Date of incident:|
|7. Discrimination because of:
|8. Explain as briefly and clearly as possible what happened and how you believe you were discriminated against. Indicate who was involved. Be sure to include how you feel other persons were treated differently than you. Also, attach any written material pertaining to your case.|
|9. Why do you believe these events occurred?|
|10. What other information do you think is relevant to the investigation?
|11. How can this/these issue(s) be resolved to your satisfaction?|
|12. Please list below any person(s) we may contact for additional information to support or clarify your complaint (witnesses):
|13. Have you filed this complaint with any other federal, state, or local agency; or with any federal or state court?
If yes, check all that apply:
If filed at an agency and/or court, please provide information about a contact person at the agency/court where the complaint was filed.
|Signature (Complainant):||Date of filing:|