Considering becoming a CASTA member? Read on to learn about CASTA’s 2020 accomplishments & goals for 2021.
Here are some highlights from 2020:
- Education, coordination, and advocacy work around the statewide Non-Emergent Medical Transportation brokerage.
- Maintained relationships and contact with Colorado’s Senators and Representatives and their staff. We shared stories, data, and needs related to COVID and kept in particularly close contact as they crafted the CARES Act and the continuing resolution for the FAST Act.
- Shared the needs and status of transit agencies related to COVID with the Governor’s office and legislative transportation leaders.
- Researched resources, new findings, and developed best practices around transit COVID responses, and instituted regular conference calls for information and discussion for transit agency leaders.
- Developed a paper titled Considerations for the Safe Lifting of Transit Capacity Restrictions out of Operational Necessity in the Times of the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic to be used by transit agencies and their county health department to determine appropriate transit capacity for local agencies.
- Began meeting regularly with the Governor’s office to weigh in on future transit guidance specifically related to COVID.
- Worked with 9 other transit associations to provide webinars on current topics twice a month.
- We were pleased to check one thing off our original 2020 to-do list. We launched our new Defensive Driving for Transit Operators Certification (DDTOC) this fall!
It has been an honor serving the CASTA membership in 2020. We hope that our work this year was beneficial to you and your agency and that you will renew your CASTA membership for 2021. We cannot accomplish anything without your support. We are much stronger together than we are as individual entities!
Please fill out the Agency Membership Dues form below to become a CASTA Agency Member in 2020. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.Agency Membership Dues Form