Considering becoming a CASTA member? Read on to learn about CASTA’s 2019 accomplishments & goals for 2020.
Here are some highlights from 2019:
- CASTA staff participated in Colorado’s 2019 legislative session. Making sure there was no threat to current transit funds as well as advocating for long term, dependable transit funding.
- Advocated at CDOT and worked with CDOT staff to make sure the statewide transportation plan would include strong statewide input.
- Ann participated in the Statewide Transit Plan Evaluation Committee, the VW Settlement Awards Committee and part of the Multimodal Options Fund Committee.
- CASTA staff and board members visited every congressional office of the Colorado Delegation to develop relationships with delegation staff, to provide some education about transit in Colorado and to advocate for more transit funding.
- CASTA provide exciting new training for rural and urban operators alike with the first of it’s kind Electric Bus Workshop in April and partnered in presenting the Transit Technicians Training.
- Throughout the year we have been working on a number of topics of concern including:
- Colorado’s transition to a statewide NEMT brokerage system
- Nonprofit fuel tax exemption
- Electric Utility rate policy for transit fleets
- Insurance cost for nonprofit and for-profit public transit providers
It has been an honor serving the CASTA membership in 2019. We hope that our work this year was beneficial to you and your agency and that you will renew your CASTA membership for 2020. We cannot accomplish anything without your support, we are much stronger together than we are as individual entities!
Please fill out the Agency Membership Dues form below to become a CASTA Agency Member in 2020. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 303.839.5197 or email@example.comAgency Membership Dues Form