Founded in 1985, the Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA) represents transit interests and provides professional development to the transit community. Membership includes Colorado transit providers, transit-related businesses and governmental entities.
All Colorado residents and visitors enjoy safe, convenient, affordable and accessible public transportation. Transit in Colorado plays a significant role in promoting the economic vitality and environmental leadership of our state.
By 2025, Coloradans will enjoy seamless trip planning and execution on Colorado’s robust and effective regional and local transportation systems. Transit will be integrated with our aviation, rail, highway, biking and pedestrian systems to give Coloradans access and options on every leg of their journeys.
How We Get ThereCASTA Vision Statement
- Customer Centered Service
- Facilitate seamless transit trips throughout the region for the travelling public
- Spin a Statewide Web of Transit
- Build a regional transit network of eliminating gaps in the existing network and integrating transit with other transportattion systems
- Get it Right and Get if for the Right Price
- Use technology and share best practices to provide consistency in service, reduce costs, and ensure safety
- Build It and They Will Come
- Work with state, regional and local governments to implement planning models that are effective for transit, encourage transit-supportive land use, reduce transportation costs and maximize economic benefits for local communities
CASTA is proud to work in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, national origin, or gender.Snapshot of Colorado Transit
2016 Annual Report